What should Kathleen Wynne do about Monte McNaughton's petitions?

Saw this today.
and this.
And then I looked at this press conference from January 27th, 2013, the day after Premier Wynne won the Liberal leadership convention. Just before the fourteen-minute mark, the Premier said that the Health and Physical Education curriculum was coming back.



Then she got elected to a majority and brought the curriculum back.

Then I looked at some of the petitions. There's a few of them out there. I found four of note:
 Retrieved April 21st, 2015

There are others out there, and I'm sure there are hardcopy petitions going around, and that puts signatures nicely above the 100,000 mark.

Then I saw this.
And Russ makes a good point.

But there's also this.




And this.



And this.



And this.


Apparently, one can sign the bloody things from anywhere. And there's a few of them out there.

And then it occurred to me that people who have children in an Ontario school and who object to the curriculum can opt out. Law allows parents to opt out their children from controversial Ontario sex-education curriculum.

And then I asked myself, "Who is it actually that is imposing their beliefs on others?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#IDAHOTB 2015 Toronto draws attention to youth

The Sin of Omission

When Everyone's A Bully, Nobody Is